The Academic team provides consultancy and advice to any paper, programme, department or school on any and all aspects of teaching practice along with facilitating multiple learning opportunities including Ako Aronui, CMALT cMOOCs, and Mosomelt) that lead to international accreditation, they are also active researchers in Higher Education Learning and Teaching. Along with CfLAT staff members in the Digital Media and Learning Technologies teams, the Academic team:
- Supports innovative and scholarly approaches to teaching.
- Supports academic and professional staff who have approved CfLAT projects in line with AUT’s strategic priorities
- Supports AUT’s strategic priorities through research.
- Provides learning and teaching development for new lecturers, teaching assistants and professional staff.
- Provides opportunities for staff engaged with learning and teaching to gain teaching recognition and accreditation through the Ako Aronui programme (pathways to HEA fellowship) and Mosomelt (pathway to CMALT accreditation)
- Has representatives on a variety of AUT committees and working groups.